No recipe last week as we were away for a weekend at our cabin, reveling in all the snow.
This week it’s a quick and super-easy snack, which, like all good snacks, isn’t the most healthy or most nutritious thing you are likely to eat, but is oh so good.
- 4 large potatoes (3-400g)
- 50g of chickpea flour
- 5g of cornflour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder OR chili flakes
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- Enough vegetable oil to fill a saucepan for 'deep' frying (around an inch)
- Slice the potatoes (with skin on) very thinly (tip: for super-thin crisps slice using a potato peeler)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Heat the oil
- Rinse the potatoes and, whilst still damp, coat each slice in the flour mix
- Drop a tiny bit of coating in the oil – if it starts sizzling straight away the oil is hot enough.
- Fry the crisps until golden brown, being careful not to have too many crisps frying at any one time
- Eat whilst piping hot with whatever saucy condiment takes your fancy. For me, plain ol’ ketchup works best.