A big part of the humanist confirmation course are human rights. Here's a quiz one of the course leaders with a background in the area put together on human rights and the law during times of war. Some of the questions are more straight-forward than others, all of them are designed to provoke discussion.
Each of the statements below is either true or false. Take the test and see how many you get right. Sometimes of the answers (found below) are likely to surprise you.
- It is a human right to live
- It is a human right to have children
- It is a human right to live in Norway
- Only states can violate human rights
- It is a human right to have access to the internet
- It is a human right to have periodic holidays with pay
- It is legal to shoot a soldier who has has his/her back to you
- When there is war, it's okay to kill civilians
- No one is punished for something something happens during a war
- A white flag during war means surrender
- In a war, you can shoot at the Red Cross if they help your enemy
- It's okay to use a church as an armory during wartime
- It's okay to carry weapons in an ambulance, as long as it is clearly marked with a red cross
- Prisoners of war shall be paid whilst they are in captivity
- It's okay to bomb a school after hours.